Call for Applications
HCH19 - The 2nd Heidelberg Computational Humanities Summer School
Heidelberg University, Germany, July 15-19, 2019.
We invite applications from national and international students with different academic backgrounds working on a PhD project related to Computational Humanities.
What we offer
We offer five days of lectures and hands-on workshops taught by leading experts in the field of Computational Humanities and an interactive environment where you can present your own research and discuss it in an interdisciplinary context.
The summer school will allow you to
- learn new methods and skills for your PhD work
- get to know people working on related topics
- get feedback from experts in the field
We are happy to announce that admitted candidates can attend the Summer School for free and that we will be able to provide doctoral students with accommodation (4 nights) and travel costs.
How to apply
Applicants must provide:
- Short CV (max. 1.5 pages)
- Statement of interest with an outline of your doctoral research project, your motivation for participating in the Summer School and indication of your previous experience with computational methods (2 pages)
- Abstract of a project to be presented in the poster session (including the project's purpose, key research questions, data and methods; max. 1 page). The abstract will be included in the online book of abstracts.
- Proof of enrolment in a PhD program at time of registration
- One supporting academic reference outlining academic merits and suitability for the Summer School (max. 1.5 pages)
Applications should be written in English. The deadline for submission has been extended until 30 January 2019. All abstracts will be reviewed by a board of experts, and a notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 February 2019.
Please submit your application using this form. The form allows you to upload your letter of motivation, CV, abstract, proof of enrollment and academic reference as one pdf file (other file formats will not be accepted).
If you try to upload your application without the pdf, the system will reject your application.
- Deadline for applications: January 30, 2019 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2019
Also refer to Important Dates for more information.
You can download the Call for Applications as a pdf document.
In case of questions, please contact hch_local at cl.uni-heidelberg.de.